Credit Builder is a trading name of Hammock Financial Services Ltd. Credit Builder (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please note, when providing our tenancy related services to you, amongst other things, we will report your rental payment information to Experian’s rental exchange, or any other service provider offering a similar service, or any financial services company, who we may work with. The inclusion of rental payment history within your credit reports allows You to establish or build credit history through timely rental payments without having to take on further debt and will help You to access finance and prove your identity. Not only will we be able to work with you more closely to manage your existing tenancy agreement, your track record as a tenant will enable Experian or an alternative provider, to use the information supplied to them in the future to assist other landlords and organisations to:
- Assess and manage any new tenancy agreements you may enter;
- Assess your financial standing to provide you with suitable products and services;
- Manage any accounts that you may already hold, for example reviewing suitable products or adjusting your current product in light of your current circumstances;
- Contact you in relation to any accounts you may have and recovering debts that you may owe;
- Verify your identity and address to help them make decisions about services they offer; and
- Help prevent crime, fraud and money laundering.
As set out below, in providing the above described services and across all the services We offer, we are committed to protection and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out our approach.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it, which for the avoidance of doubt, includes any contract We have signed with you as a prospective tenant, or a landlord or letting agent which relates to a prospective tenancy (together, the Contracts), sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Further, by visiting www.creditbuilder.co you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hammock Financial Services Ltd which is a private company limited by shares with company number 11787213
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.creditbuilder.co (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, and includes information given following execution of the Contracts or any underlying consents, confirmations or undertakings provided under the Contracts. It includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and any other information which may be relevant under the terms of the Contracts, for example.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, where you have executed any of the Contracts and otherwise, we will have informed you when we collect relevant data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site and otherwise. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). Where required to do so, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services that may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to adhere to our obligations under the Contracts and any related matters;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies, employers, previous or current landlords or letting agents and financial institutions to assess your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, or suitability as a prospective tenant under the terms of a Contract.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Credit Builder or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via our website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.